Underwriter - Senior Property
|Company / Unit||Zurich in North America|
|Function / Area||Underwriting|
|Location||OH - Independence|
Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich) is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East as well as other markets. It offers a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services for individuals, small businesses, mid-sized and large companies as well as multinational corporations. Zurich employs about 60,000 people serving customers in more than 170 countries. The Group, formerly known as Zurich Financial Services Group, is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1872. The holding company, Zurich Insurance Group Ltd (ZURN), is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and has a level I American Depositary Receipt program which is traded over-the-counter on OTCQX. Further information about Zurich is available at www.zurich.com.
In North America, Zurich (www.zurichna.com) is a leading commercial property-casualty insurance provider serving the global corporate, large corporate, middle market, specialties and programs sectors. In addition, Zurich also offers life insurance products and services.
Working for Zurich will provide you with:
• The opportunity to be involved and work in a global organization
• The opportunity for advancement and growth in the US and internationally
We are currently looking for a Senior Property Underwriter to join our Independence, OH Team. As a member of Zurich's Global Corporate Property Underwriting Team you will enjoy the opportunity to fully apply and hone your underwriting and marketing skills.
Our Senior Property Underwriter is responsible for:
1. Underwriting and analyzing new and renewal large commercial property business
2. Market facing and working with all classes of business to include manufacturing and highly protected risk
3. Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
4. Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
5. Working within broad limits and authorities on moderate to complex assignments
6. Responsible for the North Central/Chicago Region.
1. Bachelor?s Degree
2. 5+ years of Underwriting or Property Lines experience.
3. Strong broker relationships.
4. Strong negotiation skills.
5. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
1. Experience with Property and Global business.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines.
4. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines.
5. Ability to effectively assess risk.
6. Ability to multi-task.
7. Ability to function in a team environment.
8. Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
9. Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility.
11. Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories.
12. Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business.
13. Must be well versed in writing manuscript endorsements.