Making a claim is easy. All you need to do is phone or email us at your local Zurich office (details below) and we'll send you everything you need to make the claim.
Bahrain call +973 1756 3321 or email email@example.com.
Qatar call +974 4496 7555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Arab Emirates call +971 4363 4567 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can contact the Isle of Man office by calling +44 1624 691111 or email IOMunderwriting@zurich.com
You will need to have some details (see below) ready when you first contact us to make a claim. We will then send a claim form and, if necessary, a benefit questionnaire to be completed by the life insured. Alternatively, claim forms can be downloaded from the Literature section of the website.
Name of life insured
Date of birth
Date of death
Policy owner name
Name of life insured (if different to policy owner)
Date of birth
Details of the benefit claim
Each claim will be assessed by Isle of Man underwriting and additional information may be required. We will let you know if you need to complete any additional forms or provide more information. NB We reserve the right to request additional information if deemed necessary. Policies held in trust will require additional information.
For assessment of a death claim, we require:
- A death certificate, with an English translation if necessary. If the death certificate does not advise the cause of death we need a medical certificate giving cause of death.
- A grant of probate or local jurisdiction equivalent if no beneficiary has been nominated. Manx probate is required if the sum payable is above GBP100,000/USD150,000 and no beneficiaries are nominated.
- Proof of age where age was not admitted at the outset of the policy. We will request a certified true copy of the birth certificate.
- A claim form completed by the beneficiary and returned with evidence of the beneficiary's signature i.e. a certified true copy of a passport and certified true copy of proof of address for the beneficiary.
For assessment of a benefit claim (e.g. hospitalisation/critical illness etc.), we require:
- Medical reports from the attending doctor and hospital to assess the claim.
- A claim form completed and signed by the client.
- A benefit questionnaire, completed and signed by the client, depending on the benefit; this would be sent on notification to us of the claim.
Our objective is to ensure that all valid claims are paid as quickly as possible, with the minimum of fuss.