Construction is a complex, high-stakes business, subject to constant change. How construction businesses and construction project owners and developers respond to issues like quality control, subcontractor management, site security and safety, sustainability, delay and financial risk can all take their toll on their bottom line.
At Zurich, we can help by sharing insights, insurance solutions and risk engineering services that are already serving the needs of many of the world’s largest, most successful contractors, owners, developers, architects, engineers and other business affiliated with construction.
With us, you’ll work with specialized underwriting, risk engineering and claims professionals dedicated to the construction industry who understand your unique challenges and can deliver quality service when you need them most.
These cross-discipline teams work seamlessly together, drawing on a wide range of products and services to create a plan tailored to your needs – from traditional property and casualty coverage to professional liability and operational risks.
Regardless of the complexity of your needs, products or services you require, Zurich’s construction services can help you mitigate the risks associated with your construction projects.
Construction insurance solutions include:
- Public liability (PL)
- Employer's liability and workman’s compensation schemes
- Decennial liability
- Excess public liability
- Construction/erection all risks insurance (CAR/EAR)
- Contractor's plant & equipment (CP&E)
- Delay in start up (DSU)
- Property and inland marine
- Environmental - contractor’s pollution liability (CPL)
- Contractor's protective professional indemnity (CPPI)
- Owners’ protective professional indemnity (OPPI)
- Architects and engineers (A&E) professional indemnity
Other specialty products:
- Subguard ®
- Surety (bid, performance and payment bonds)
- Directors and officers (D&O) liability
- Employment practices liability (EPL)
- Political risk
- Marine cargo
Construction service offerings: