Zurich Spain, Madrid
Zurich Spain’s new headquarters at Castellana 81 is a landmark in Madrid’s modern skyline and a reference point for contemporary Spanish architecture. It's also the first WELL Gold certified office building in Spain, setting new standards for sustainability, health and well-being.
Castellana 81, Madrid
Location / Building Name
The new headquarters in Madrid are located on the 21 and 22 floor of Paseo de la Castellana 81 in the heart of the AZCA neighborhood - the financial district of Madrid. Its design promotes open and collaborative working. This dynamic working concept is combined with a modern ‘flex work’ policy, supporting work-life balance.
The office building is the first of its kind in Spain and the fifth building in Europe to be WELL Gold certified. WELL is the first global certification for buildings focusing solely on health and well-being. The building’s design, construction and operation addresses the health and well-being of its occupants in seven areas: air quality, water, light, fitness, comfort, nutrition and mind. It also has the highest certification level for accessibility, as well as a Platinum LEED certification for sustainability.
Collaborative workspace: open-plan office, multifunctional meeting rooms and dynamic working zones.
‘Flex Work’: employees can work remotely up to 20 hours per week.
- Platinum LEED certification
- WELL Gold for Core & Shell
- Equipped with 30 photovoltaic panels for the generation of electricity
- A 42% reduction in sanitary water and fittings consumption in comparison to a building of similar characteristics
- Consumes 13.5% less energy per year than a conventional building
- The lighting system consumes 50% less