Zurich provides captive services for employee benefit plans through the Zurich Global Employee Benefits Solutions. Zurich Global Employee Benefits Solutions has a wealth of experience implementing captive programs and has been involved in employee benefits captives for more than 25 years.
Using captives for employee benefits meets today's challenges
Regulation: Captives are an effective way to create the high standards of transparency and risk management demanded by today’s regulations.
Control: Captives give you more control over employee benefits programs. For example premium savings can be shifted into programs that will attract the best talent. Also, because the captive is a significant risk taker, you can offer custom programs that may not be available on the wide market: from long-term disability coverage for top executives to the elimination of specific exclusions.
Improving profitability: Bringing life risks into an existing captive makes it possible to capture additional underwriting profits, for example when employee benefits programs are reinsured to a captive.
To find out more about the benefits of life captives and the solutions we offer, please download and read our brochure.
Benefits of captives for life risks
- Improved access to management information globally through quarterly reporting of premiums and claims
- Increased flexibility in plan design and underwriting
- Greater transparency of costs – breakdown of pure risk premium, administration charges and commissions
- Better governance through integration of employee benefit financing in wider risk management policies
- Improved yields by self-management of premium, reserves and excess margins
- Reduced volatility and more diversification within portfolio, potential financial advantages of reduced solvency capital under Solvency II in case of combination of life and non-life risks
- Enhanced cash flow to the customer
Types of employee benefit that can be added to a captive
- Basic and supplemental life
- Long term disability
- Non-qualified benefit
- Retiree medical
- Active medical
- Medical stop loss
- Workers’ compensation
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Business travel accident
Contact: Life captives
Wendy LiuHead of Zurich Global Employee Benefits Solutions
+41 44 625 3743
Contact: Non-life captives
Paul WoehrmannHead of Captive Services Global Corporate Europe/Middle East/Africa; Asia Pacific; LATAM
+41 44 628 8282
Steven R. BaumanSenior Vice President, Head of Captive Services, Global Corporate in North America