Financial Institutions D&O Liability
Our comprehensive Directors' & Officers' (D&O) Liability insurance helps to give your company’s directors and officers greater certainty with state of the art and market-leading coverage.
Our protection gives you the ability to attract knowledgeable and qualified directors and officers to make strategic decisions in pursuit of your company's best interest.
We will support you with:
- enhanced risk coverage
- simplified and clearer globally consistent policy language adapted to reflect local single law requirements and legal exposures
- improved contract certainty and coverage applicability
- dedicated professional teams in underwriting, claims handling, captive and capital optimization, risk management and compliance
- a global network that provides specific global services and solutions for financial institutions.
We constantly review our products to address liability coverage in light of developing regulation, litigation and emerging risks.
Our cover also extends in varying degrees to senior managerial staff.
We deliver aligned with local laws and regulations D&O policies in over 120 countries around the globe and are a market leader in international programs.
Cover for every situation
We offer the following types of D&O cover:
- D&O Public Companies Insurance
- A-Side D&O/A-Side DIC Insurance
- D&O for Private Companies
- D&O for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Public Offerings
Protection in a challenging environment
Our D&O Liability insurance can protect you against the unprecedented liability risks you face in an ever-evolving and regulatory environment. Here are some of the challenges and trends that are increasing your potential liabilities:
- There are an increasing number of investigations by supervisory, regulatory and enforcement authorities into potential regulatory violations.
- We are seeing an increase in investors and shareholder derivative proceedings against directors and officers after company admissions of corporate wrongdoing or settlement with investigative authorities.
- Merger and acquisition related security claims are on the rise.
- There are a rising number of suits filed against companies globally – mainly alleging breach of fiduciary duties, accounting fraud and financially misleading statements.
- Enhanced claims definition.
- Broad definition of 'insured person'.
- Stronger severability language on knowledge and exclusions.
- Side A non-rescindability coverage for individuals.
- Entity cover for securities claims to apply worldwide with clear order of payments language.
- Broad cover for investigations, including derivative demand investigation costs.
- Indemnity costs for shareholder derivative claims – and plaintiffs fees for derivative claims.
- Broad outside directorship liability blanket cover.
- Additional dedicated excess limit of liability for non-executive directors.
- Broad individual insured extended reporting period, including lifetime discovery period for retired directors.
- Cover of civil fines and penalties imposed on individuals, when insurable by law.
- Broad insured person additional protection cover, including asset and liberty protection costs; civil or bail bond fee; prosecution costs, and personal reputation restoration expenses cover.
- Broad coverage for pre-claims event, including self-reports.
- Extradition/arrest costs including overseas travel and accommodation.
- Environmental mismanagement claim cover against individuals.
- Advanced payment of costs with emergency pre-approved defense costs.
- Company crisis communication expenses cover.
- Worldwide cover and international jurisdiction clause.
The product descriptions are never part of individual insurance offers or contracts but are general descriptions of insurance services and do not form part of any customers individual insurance cover.
Products and services vary by country
Because the needs of our customers are different, our products and services also vary around the world. Insurance and financial products and services are provided by licensed members of the Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich). Not all products or services listed are available in all jurisdictions or to all customers. Please contact your local Zurich office for details about the relevant products and services in your country. No warranties or guarantees are being made by Zurich based on statements on this website.