Protect your business
Find products and services in your location
Zurich’s political risk insurance covers investors, banks, contractors, and other firms with exposure in emerging markets from risks that can potentially end their operation including expropriation, political violence, currency inconvertibility, contract frustration, and non-honoring of sovereign or state-owned enterprise debt.
- Market-leading expertise: Named “Best Private Insurer” by Trade Finance magazine for thirteen years straight, our underwriters offer an in-depth understanding of emerging markets, your assets at risk, and trade and project structures.
- Global presence: We have 12 Credit & Political Risk underwriting offices around the world: Washington, DC; New York; Toronto, London, Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt, Zurich, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney, Melbourne, and we have written risks in most emerging market countries.
- Long terms: Coverages with terms up to 15 years, which are often required but difficult to obtain for emerging market infrastructure and natural resource projects.
- Strong capacity: Up to USD $150 million per transaction, one of the highest in the market.
- Broad network: We are a Berne Union member and well known leader among export credit agencies, multilateral institutions, and other insurers, which can help you optimize coverage terms, capacity, and flexibility.
"Best Global Political Risk Insurer" by Global Finance in 2015
Global Head Credit & Political Risk
+ 1 212 553 5221
North America and Latin AmericaSuzanne Garrod
Regional Manager - Americas
+1 202 585-3154
Europe (except UK)Nuria Gorog
Regional Manager – Continental Europe
+33 143 187 433
Regional Manager - UK
+44 207 648 3271
Asia PacificTim Warren
Regional Manager - Asia/Pacific
+ 65 6236 2454
The product descriptions are never part of individual insurance offers or contracts but are general descriptions of insurance services and do not form part of any customers individual insurance cover.
Products and services vary by country
Because the needs of our customers are different, our products and services also vary around the world. Insurance and financial products and services are provided by licensed members of the Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich). Not all products or services listed are available in all jurisdictions or to all customers. Please contact your local Zurich office for details about the relevant products and services in your country. No warranties or guarantees are being made by Zurich based on statements on this website.