We have over 30 years of multinational pooling experience, and offer a range of international solutions such as pooling and captive arrangements.
- We can help you find the most efficient way to insure your employees across all of the markets you operate in.
- Our pooling solutions can help you to gain global intelligence on the death, disability and medical risk of your employees.
- You will be supported by a dedicated account manager.
- Our global network of market-leading insurance companies, the Zurich Employee Benefits Network, offers competitively priced, high quality products and services in 129 territories.
- We are providing services and solutions for 130 pooling and captive customers, covering 2,000 contracts that are reinsured to form the pooling and captive programs.
Multinational pooling products and solutions
Pooling works by combining the financial performance of your pooled benefit plans around the world into a consolidated account that measures credits (primarily premiums paid) against debits (claims paid plus insurer administration charges, commissions and taxes). The account is then adjusted to allow for the insurer’s risk charge and any losses carried forward from a previous accounting period. If the overall result is positive the resulting amount will be rebated to your organization as an international dividend. If the account is negative, the loss is either absorbed by the Zurich Employee Benefits Network or carried forward to the next accounting period, according to the design and type of the pool.
We offer two types of pool – a company-own pool and a flex pool.
To qualify for a company-own pool, you need to have at least 200 lives covered by the Zurich Employee Benefits Network Partners under contracts in at least two countries with an annual risk premium volume of EUR 200,000. Once membership reaches 500 lives a wider range of risk models is available to tailor the design of the pool to more specific requirements.
If you do not meet these requirements, you can still benefit from the financing efficiency of multinational pooling through our flex pool.