Employment Practice Liability
Our market-leading cover offers worldwide protection against claims for employment-related discrimination, harassment or wrongful termination.
Our Employment Practice Liability insurance (EPLI) protects your company, managers and employees against financial risk resulting from employment-rated claims, such as wrongful termination or non-compliance with data protection laws.
If you have operations in the US, you can gain a clearer understanding of the changing employment legislative landscape with complimentary access to risk management tools – HR Care® and HR Classroom. HR Care® helps you keep up to date with employment law and HR Classroom is a way to deliver high-quality, easy-to use compliance training concerning discrimination and sexual harassment prevention.
Through our market-leading Zurich International Programs we can deliver tailored, aligned with local regulations, centrally managed insurance programs to protect your liability risks and more across the globe.
Our Claims experts around the world are ready to give you the help you need.
The frequency and severity of employment practice claims is rising around the world. Typical actions taken by employees, either individually or in class actions, include:
- wrongful termination and unfair dismissal, including constructive dismissal
- discrimination and sexual harassment
- equal pay
- retaliation/whistle-blowing claims
- deprivation of career opportunity
- employment-related misrepresentation
- failure to employ or promote a person
- emotional distress and mental anguish.
Our Employment Practice Liability insurance includes:
- cover for fees, expenses and compensation awards including punitive damages arising out of alleged or actual wrongful employment acts third-party liability claims coverage as standard
- cover for insured persons acting as 'Outside Directors' in associated companies.
- We offer broad extensions related to:
- cost for educational, sensitivity or diversity training;
- costs in connection with the loss of employee data; and
- public relations and crisis management costs.
The product descriptions are never part of individual insurance offers or contracts but are general descriptions of insurance services and do not form part of any customers individual insurance cover.
Products and services vary by country
Because the needs of our customers are different, our products and services also vary around the world. Insurance and financial products and services are provided by licensed members of the Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich). Not all products or services listed are available in all jurisdictions or to all customers. Please contact your local Zurich office for details about the relevant products and services in your country. No warranties or guarantees are being made by Zurich based on statements on this website.