Our Zurich Multinational Insurance Application (Zurich MIA) is a global regulatory and tax database that covers 180 countries and territories and helps customers and brokers monitor and achieve alignment with insurance regulatory laws and foreign insurer premium tax obligations for their international programs.
- Award-winning1 tax and insurance regulatory information tool for non-admitted insurance, and is one of the most comprehensive applications in the global insurance industry.
- Provides a regularly updated view of the different foreign insurance premium tax laws and regulations applying in countries around the world.
- Helps to protect more than just your foreign assets and exposures. It also helps you protect one of your most valuable and durable assets – your reputation.
- Helps you understand available options when structuring a cross-border insurance program and answers key questions that can effect your business development and expansion.
- Makes you better informed about loss adjustment and claims activities permitted in specific countries.
- Helps you respond rapidly to enquiries from regulatory or tax authorities.
Zurich MIA is also available as a mobile app so you can enjoy the benefits of Zurich MIA when in meetings, during off-site visits or while travelling.
Lines of business
Zurich MIA covers 42 lines of business, including:
Property, Liability, Financial Lines, Business Interruption, Directors & Officers Liability, Professional Indemnity, Property Material Damage, Marine, Political / Trade Credit Risk, Crime, Motor, Accident, Health and more.
Five types of cover
Zurich MIA covers the five main business scenarios:
- Non-admitted ground-up insurance
- Non-admitted DIC/ DIL insurance in addition to local ground-up insurance
- Non-admitted excess layer insurance on top of primary layer and/or local policy
- Non-admitted insurer covering risk in another country without the presence of a local customer
- Non-admitted insurer concluding master policy with a customer entity located in another country